“I adapted this recipe from one I saw in a magazine that required a lot of work," says Jackie Matthews from Yucca Valley, California. "This is much quicker and easier to prepare and tastes great!”
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain beans; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon and almonds; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Almond Green Beans in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p66
Reviews for Bacon-Almond Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review