Bacon-Almond Green Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain beans; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon and almonds; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Almond Green Beans(9)
Sort By :
Recipe is delicious! Left the bacon out just because I didn't have any and I didn't miss it at all.
This recipe is excellent, the sauce is outstanding!
Yes, will definitely be making green beans like this a lot! This was sweet and crunchy -- my 3.5 year old loved them!
The sauce is great and what a great way to use the abundance of garden beans this season. You know when the husband comes for a second helping of veggies then this recipe is a keeper. I fried bacon strips and crumbled to top the beans because I didn't have bacon bits on hand. Will most likely use real bacon next time as well.
This is a great recipe. My husband totally loved them and even raved the next day! I substituted peanuts instead of the almonds, and they are fantastic. This will definitely go on my fave list.