Bacon-Almond Broccoli Medley Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place the broccoli in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute yellow pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Drain broccoli; place in a serving bowl. Add the pepper mixture, bacon and almonds; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 140 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Bacon-Almond Broccoli Medley
"This soooo good. There weren't any leftovers. I left out the almonds though , not a fan. Enjoy :)"
"I don't know what I did wrong, but the broccoli turned out way too crunchy. The sauce is yummy, but my broccoli itself just didn't turn out right. I used fresh broccoli crowns, then chopped them into spears. Oh well!~ Theresa"