Broccoli, yellow pepper and bacon bits combine in a sweet, buttery sauce for this colorful veggie side. Sliced almonds add nice crunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place the broccoli in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute yellow pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain broccoli; place in a serving bowl. Add the pepper mixture, bacon and almonds; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Almond Broccoli Medley in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p49
Reviews for Bacon-Almond Broccoli Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review