- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place the broccoli in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute yellow pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain broccoli; place in a serving bowl. Add the pepper mixture, bacon and almonds; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Almond Broccoli Medley
Sort By :
This soooo good. There weren't any leftovers. I left out the almonds though , not a fan. Enjoy :)
I don't know what I did wrong, but the broccoli turned out way too crunchy. The sauce is yummy, but my broccoli itself just didn't turn out right. I used fresh broccoli crowns, then chopped them into spears. Oh well!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >