- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables in the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Wraps
Sort By :
I've made this recipe a couple times and my family loves it! I find it to be way too much cheese, however. Next time, I will probably halve the cheese. Would also be good with diced ham instead of bacon!
easy to make. delicious to eat. what more can you ask for? not an every day dish to be sure - a bit too rich for that -but an "I love you" food offering...
I added chorizo instead of bacon. I loved the results.
If you add water instead of milk to the eggs, you will have a fluffioer omelet.