The zip from salsa will wake up your taste buds when you bite into this hearty handheld meal on-the-go. "It makes a quick and very filling breakfast," assures Sharonda Baker of Joliet, Illinois.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables in the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'n' Egg Wraps in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p12
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review