Bacon 'n' Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 slices bread
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Spread sour cream on one side of each of four slices of bread. Top with the onions, cheese, eggs and bacon. Top with the remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches. Toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Sandwiches(8)
Sort By :
i didn't use the mayo and cut the bacon in half and liked it just fine.
I love this sandwich! The taste of the green onions, sour cream and cheese all compliment the hard boiled egg. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it! I have been making this for years, ever since it was printed int the magazine. It is a family favorite!
I though this was very good. A new twist to the good old fashion grilled cheese. Even though it called for green onion, I would go alittle easy on topping it on the sandwich. Kind of took over on the delicate flavorings.
An egg scrambled with the cheese & onion is really good. Didn't like the hard boiled egg.
I tried it with and without the eggs. Preferred without.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Egg Sandwiches >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sandwiches >