- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 slices bread
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread sour cream over four bread slices; top with green onions, cheese, eggs, bacon and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Toast sandwiches until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Sandwiches
"i didn't use the mayo and cut the bacon in half and liked it just fine."
"I love this sandwich! The taste of the green onions, sour cream and cheese all compliment the hard boiled egg. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it! I have been making this for years, ever since it was printed int the magazine. It is a family favorite!"
"I though this was very good. A new twist to the good old fashion grilled cheese. Even though it called for green onion, I would go alittle easy on topping it on the sandwich. Kind of took over on the delicate flavorings."
"An egg scrambled with the cheese & onion is really good. Didn't like the hard boiled egg."
"I tried it with and without the eggs. Preferred without."
"A new twist to the grilled cheese sandwich. Sounds great and I'm sure my husband will enjoy it. Who doesn't like bacon! I'll try it out on him this weekend. Thanks for the recipe! ~Bettina"
"Thanks Ann for the recipe...just added it to mine to make for my hubby, he loves bacon any way....Pam from California"
"Sounds good. I have some boiled eggs in my refrigerator that needs to be used, so I'll try this."