Bacon 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
One day I decided to make egg salad and just started adding a little of this and a little of that. I came up with this recipe that my family really enjoys. I serve it whenever my grandkids come to visit.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet pickle, diced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 to 8 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the bacon. Place a lettuce leaf and about 1/2 cup egg salad on each roll. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches in Country Extra May 2001, p49
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2010
I was so excited to make this for my husband but was very disappointed. I followed recipe exactly and it was way to salty so i tried to even it out by adding more relish then it was too runny:( Maybe next time i wouldn"t add any salt?