One day I decided to make egg salad and just started adding a little of this and a little of that. I came up with this recipe that my family really enjoys. I serve it whenever my grandkids come to visit.
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet pickle, diced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 to 8 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the bacon. Place a lettuce leaf and about 1/2 cup egg salad on each roll. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches in Country Extra May 2001, p49
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2010
"I was so excited to make this for my husband but was very disappointed. I followed recipe exactly and it was way to salty so i tried to even it out by adding more relish then it was too runny:( Maybe next time i wouldn"t add any salt?"