My sister-in-law served this special dish for Easter breakfast one year, and our whole family loved the mix of bacon, eggs, noodles and cheese. Now I sometimes assemble it the night before and bake it in the morning for a terrific hassle-free brunch entree. -Dianne Meyer, Graniteville, Vermont
- 1 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, a third of the eggs and bacon, Swiss cheese and white sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Bacon N Egg Lasagna in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p29
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review