- 1 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, a third of the eggs and bacon, Swiss cheese and white sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Lasagna
"Very Good! This is my Christmas morning go to recipe as I can prepare it the day before then bake in the morning. Increase the sauce to 1/2 C. flour and 4 1/2 to 5 C milk) as there wasn't enough sauce. I use cheddar cheese or a cheese blend of choice instead of the Swiss for a more flavorful sauce and because Mike doesn't like Swiss cheese."
"My family loves this recipe. The leftovers, if there are any, are often fought over. I love it myself, the only issue I have is that it takes a while to put together."
"I was excited to try this recipe because I had never seen anything like it before. I thought it was ok, but kind of bland."
"Love this! Flavors are just as good the second day!"