- 1 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, a third of the eggs and bacon, Swiss cheese and white sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Lasagna
"Very Good! This is my Christmas morning go to recipe as I can prepare it the day before then bake in the morning. Increase the sauce to 1/2 C. flour and 4 1/2 to 5 C milk) as there wasn't enough sauce. I use cheddar cheese or a cheese blend of choice instead of the Swiss for a more flavorful sauce and because Mike doesn't like Swiss cheese."
"My family loves this recipe. The leftovers, if there are any, are often fought over. I love it myself, the only issue I have is that it takes a while to put together."
"I was excited to try this recipe because I had never seen anything like it before. I thought it was ok, but kind of bland."
"Love this! Flavors are just as good the second day!"
"After reading the reviews, I tried to add a little more zing by adding red bell pepper, Sriracha sauce, and extra cheese. I also used peppered bacon. Very rich...but very bland. I am glad I only made a half recipe. It has promise; the concept is good! It just needs a few tweeks!"
"I used jar alfredo sauce and also made srambled eggs. Passing the recipe around work. Scrumptious!"
"I have made this numerous times and someone always asks for the recipe. It is one of my favorite breakfast recipes for entertaining."
"This recipe was approved by my husband who is not adventurous. I used scrambled eggs and bacon and pork roll (that is what I had on hand at the time) and the dish turned out great!!"