Bacon 'n' Egg Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, a third of the eggs and bacon, Swiss cheese and white sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 386 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Lasagna
"Very Good! This is my Christmas morning go to recipe as I can prepare it the day before then bake in the morning. Increase the sauce to 1/2 C. flour and 4 1/2 to 5 C milk) as there wasn't enough sauce. I use cheddar cheese or a cheese blend of choice instead of the Swiss for a more flavorful sauce and because Mike doesn't like Swiss cheese."
"My family loves this recipe. The leftovers, if there are any, are often fought over. I love it myself, the only issue I have is that it takes a while to put together."
"I was excited to try this recipe because I had never seen anything like it before. I thought it was ok, but kind of bland."
"Love this! Flavors are just as good the second day!"
"After reading the reviews, I tried to add a little more zing by adding red bell pepper, Sriracha sauce, and extra cheese. I also used peppered bacon. Very rich...but very bland. I am glad I only made a half recipe. It has promise; the concept is good! It just needs a few tweeks!"
"I used jar alfredo sauce and also made srambled eggs. Passing the recipe around work. Scrumptious!"
"I have made this numerous times and someone always asks for the recipe. It is one of my favorite breakfast recipes for entertaining."
"This recipe was approved by my husband who is not adventurous. I used scrambled eggs and bacon and pork roll (that is what I had on hand at the time) and the dish turned out great!!"
"Very bland. I used scrambled eggs instead of hard boiled eggs. My husband and I did not like this recipe at all. The white sauce had no flavor at all. If I were to make this again I would try make a cheese sauce to substitute for the white sauce. Very disappointed."
"Excellent. Made for breakfast for co-workers. They went nuts."
"it is very good my son maid it for mothers day and it made a big hit.he did put in scrambled egg instead of hard boiled the eggs were not cocked first it was the beast dish at the party thank you"
"I really liked this - made it ahead as others suggested and left out for 30 minutes before baking. However, I ran out of white sauce, so I think next time I will make a little more. Will definitely be making again. Differrent and delicious."
"I have made this a few times and it has become my personal favorite. After trying the original recipe I have since then tweaked it some. I now use Cabot's White Cheddar cheese instead of Swiss now. Just a preference thing. I also added some sauteed green onions & mushrooms to it. I leave out the parsley since it has no taste (I think) and is for presentation. I always make it the night before. Tastes so good the next day! Very addictive."
"I made this for a brunch with my parents and they loved it! My dad insisted he take the leftovers home which he NEVER does!"
"This was delicious! I made it the night before so all I had to do was heat it up for breakfast. Flavors melded nicely overnight. I may tweak the recipe next time and add green onion and try mixing other cheeses. Very filling!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.