Bacon 'n' Egg Gravy
My husband, Ron, created this wonderful breakfast gravy. It's home-style and old-fashioned. Sometimes we ladle the gravy over homemade biscuits. Served with fruit salad, it's a great breakfast.
-Terry Bray, Winter Haven, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 5 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to
- paper towels. Stir flour into the drippings until blended; cook over
- medium heat until browned, stirring constantly. Gradually add water
- and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add bacon, eggs, salt and pepper. Serve over toast.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 934 calories, 61 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 424 mg cholesterol, 1,030 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.