My husband, Ron, created this wonderful breakfast gravy. It's home-style and old-fashioned. Sometimes we ladle the gravy over homemade biscuits. Served with fruit salad, it's a great breakfast. -Terry Bray, Winter Haven, Florida
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Stir flour into the drippings until blended; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring constantly. Gradually add water and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add bacon, eggs, salt and pepper. Serve over toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'n' Egg Gravy in Reminisce March/April 2003, p49
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 31, 2011
"used regular milk......couldn't afford the calorie count often - but, for a treat - I'll do it again! Thanks"