Bacon 'n' Egg Burritos Recipe
“My husband and I discovered these delicious burritos when we drove truck as a team in the southwestern U.S.,” says Robyn Larabee of Lucknow, Ontario. “Jason created this version that our guests enjoy as much as we do.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Sour cream and chopped tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute potatoes and onions in drippings until potatoes are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, taco sauce and hot pepper sauce. Pour over potato mixture; add bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- 3. Spoon about 3/4 cup down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling. Serve immediately with sour cream and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 656 calories, 40 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 374 mg cholesterol, 932 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC