- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Sour cream and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute potatoes and onions in drippings until potatoes are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, taco sauce and hot pepper sauce. Pour over potato mixture; add bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling. Serve immediately with sour cream and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Burritos
Sort By :
this recipe was tasty and I would make it again. It was not anything special or above average though. A good simple food for a Sunday morning without guests.
We really liked these burritos a lot. They were a lot easier than I expected. The only change I made was to use real bacon bits instead of frying bacon. I used butter instead of bacon fat. It's hard to imagine these could be any more tasty using the fried bacon and reserved fat. We all enjoyed them and I will definitely be making them again.
I made this recipe last week. It was easy to make and excellent to eat. My husband and I don't care for sour cream, so I just used more shredded cheese and hash browns. It did make more than we could eat at one setting, so next time I will use less eggs.