On busy mornings, Katie can fix these tasty sandwiches in about 15 minutes. "While the flaky biscuits bake, cook the eggs and warm up precooked bacon," she suggests. "Then add cheese for a homemade in-hand breakfast."
Recommended: Top 10 Breakfast Recipes
- 2 cups Buttermilk Biscuit Baking Mix
- 7 tablespoons water
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices process American cheese
- 8 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water just until blended. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 5 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a lightly floured 3-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, scramble the eggs. Split the biscuits; fill each with a slice of cheese, scrambled egg and two bacon pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'n' Egg Biscuits in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p42
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2011
"The Biscuit Mix Recipe is here:http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Buttermilk-Biscuit-Mix"
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2009
"looks real yummy but any clue where to get the biscuit mix?"