Bacon 'n' Egg Bake
Our two daughters live about 3 hours away. Whenever I ask what they would like me to make that's special when they visit, they mention this casserole.Greta Larter, Windermere, British Columbia
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 12 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Toasted English muffins, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese sauce
- and sour cream.
- Pour half of the sauce into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top
- with half of the eggs and bacon; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with English muffins if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 508 calories, 40 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 405 mg cholesterol, 1,063 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.