Bacon 'n' Egg Bake Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Toasted English muffins, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese sauce and sour cream.
- 2. Pour half of the sauce into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the eggs and bacon; repeat layers.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with English muffins if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 508 calories, 40g fat (21g saturated fat), 405mg cholesterol, 1063mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Bake
"Lovely recipe for brunch, lunch or as a supper dish."