Our two daughters live about 3 hours away. Whenever I ask what they would like me to make that's special when they visit, they mention this casserole.—Greta Larter, Windermere, British Columbia
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Toasted English muffins, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese sauce and sour cream.
- Pour half of the sauce into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the eggs and bacon; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with English muffins if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'N' Egg Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p266
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2013
"Lovely recipe for brunch, lunch or as a supper dish."