Bacon 'n' Egg Bake Recipe
Our two daughters live about 3 hours away. Whenever I ask what they would like me to make that's special when they visit, they mention this casserole.Greta Larter, Windermere, British Columbia
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Toasted English muffins, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese sauce and sour cream.
- Pour half of the sauce into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the eggs and bacon; repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with English muffins if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon 'N' Egg Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p266
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Bake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >