Bacon 'n' Egg Bagels
Better than fast-food fare, these savory sandwiches with veggie cream cheese and zesty olives will have mouths watering in the morning. “For a change of pace, prepare them with other cream cheeses or speed things up by using precooked bacon warmed in the microwave,” advise Chris and Jenny Thackray of Corpus Christi, Texas.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup garden vegetable cheese spread
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Spread each bagel half with cheese spread. Place olives on bagel
- bottoms; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3
- tablespoons drippings. Heat drippings over medium-hot heat. Add
- eggs; reduce heat to low. Fry until white is completely set and yolk
- begins to thicken but is not hard.
- Place an egg on each bagel bottom. Layer with cheese, bacon and bagel
- tops. Yield: 4 servings.