Bacon 'n' Egg Bagels Recipe
Better than fast-food fare, these savory sandwiches with veggie cream cheese and zesty olives will have mouths watering in the morning. “For a change of pace, prepare them with other cream cheeses or speed things up by using precooked bacon warmed in the microwave,” advise Chris and Jenny Thackray of Corpus Christi, Texas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup garden vegetable cheese spread
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1. Spread each bagel half with cheese spread. Place olives on bagel bottoms; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Heat drippings over medium-hot heat. Add eggs; reduce heat to low. Fry until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken but is not hard.
- 3. Place an egg on each bagel bottom. Layer with cheese, bacon and bagel tops. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC