Bacon 'n' Egg Bagels Recipe
Better than fast-food fare, these savory sandwiches with veggie cream cheese and zesty olives will have mouths watering in the morning. “For a change of pace, prepare them with other cream cheeses or speed things up by using precooked bacon warmed in the microwave,” advise Chris and Jenny Thackray of Corpus Christi, Texas.
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup garden vegetable cheese spread
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1. Spread each bagel half with cheese spread. Place olives on bagel bottoms; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Heat drippings over medium-hot heat. Add eggs; reduce heat to low. Fry until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken but is not hard.
- 3. Place an egg on each bagel bottom. Layer with cheese, bacon and bagel tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Bagels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC