Bacon 'n' Egg Bagels Recipe
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup garden vegetable cheese spread
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 bacon strips, halved
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Spread each bagel half with cheese spread. Place olives on bagel bottoms; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Heat drippings over medium-hot heat. Add eggs; reduce heat to low. Fry until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken but is not hard.
- Place an egg on each bagel bottom. Layer with cheese, bacon and bagel tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon 'n' Egg Bagels
Sort By :
"I leave out the pimento-stuffed Olives. This recipe has become a favorite at our house, one I often turn to when I can't decide what to fix. We love it! I have fixed it by cooking up the bacon first, and also simply reheated pre-cooked bacon to save time. Using the pre-cooked bacon, it is a standby quick meal at our house."