Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1-1/4 cups diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, green onions, tomato and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Macaroni Salad(24)
Sort By :
It is very easy to make and refreshing any time
I've made this salad at least a dozen times by now. Everyone loves it. I usually use MiracleWhip (which is lower fat than real mayo) and it tastes delicious. I also mix in about 2 T or so of the bacon grease to the salad for more bacon flavor (bacon junkies here!). Great recipe!
Love this salad, everyone asks for the recipe and no left overs ever. I actually get people complaining because I did not make enough after doubling the recipe. The only thing I do differently is I do not add the celery and pepper.
Fantastic recipe!!!!!!!!!! I rate this as a full five star recipe. It just was not letting me do the star rating part. Furthermore, I have been making this for years and everyone loves it. I actually searched it just to give it a rating. I initially got it from the taste of home magazine. Everyone that tastes it asks for the recipe and I never have left overs. My husband actually asks me to make batch for the house and the bbq so he can have some when he wants a snack later because he knows it will be gone before we get home. I have even have people complain that I did not make enough because it is gone before they can even dish their plate at the bbqs. It is a keeper!!!!!!!!! I did not put celery in it or the pepper. I also let the bacon and veggies sit in sauce for five ten minutes before I pour over the noodles and I think it makes for better flavor.
My husband and I thought this was a very good salad. We will be making this again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Macaroni Salads >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >