Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Macaroni Salad Recipe
This pleasing pasta salad is like eating a BLT in a bowl. Chock-full of crispy crumbled bacon, chopped tomato, celery and green onion, the sensational salad is draped in a tangy mayonnaise and vinegar dressing. It's a real crowd-pleaser! -Norene Wright, Manilla, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1-1/4 cups diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, green onions, tomato and celery.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 290 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC