Bacon, Cremini & Brie Potatoes
This is my version of an ultimate baked potato. Rich brie, crispy bacon and cremini mushrooms transform the humble baked potato into something really special. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello (cremini) mushrooms
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- Chopped fresh chives, optional
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub potato skins with oil; sprinkle with
- salt. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons
- drippings. Saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- Cut a 2-in. "X" in tops of potatoes; insert cheese slices. Top with
- mushrooms, bacon and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed potato equals 511 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.