Bacon, Cremini & Brie Potatoes Recipe
This is my version of an ultimate baked potato. Rich brie, crispy bacon and cremini mushrooms transform the humble baked potato into something really special. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello (cremini) mushrooms
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- Chopped fresh chives, optional
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub potato skins with oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- 3. Cut a 2-in. "X" in tops of potatoes; insert cheese slices. Top with mushrooms, bacon and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed potato equals 511 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC