This is my version of an ultimate baked potato. Rich brie, crispy bacon and cremini mushrooms transform the humble baked potato into something really special. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello (cremini) mushrooms
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- Chopped fresh chives, optional
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub potato skins with oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms in the drippings.
- Cut a 2-in. "X" in tops of potatoes; insert cheese slices. Top with mushrooms, bacon and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon, Cremini & Brie Potatoes in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p89
Reviews for Bacon, Cremini & Brie Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review