Bacon, Cabbage and Noodles
I received this recipe from a friend of Hungarian descent. Some folks turn up their noses when this is presented, but after one taste, they always come back for seconds...and thirds!
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) thin egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3
- tablespoons drippings. Add cabbage to drippings; cover and cook on
- low for 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring
- occasionally. Stir in the salt, pepper, noodles and bacon. Heat
- Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 116 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.