Bacon & Tomato-Topped Haddock Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Add onion and garlic; until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes and parsley. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Spread oil and butter in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Place fillets in pan. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 5 servings.
1 fillet equals 405 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.