Bacon & Tomato-Topped Haddock Recipe
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Add onion and garlic; until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes and parsley. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Spread oil and butter in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Place fillets in pan. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 5 servings.
1 fillet: 405 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Bacon & Tomato-Topped Haddock
"solo puedo describirlo como rico,sabroso y nutritivo.Todo un exito"
"Made this dish for dinner last night and it was excellent. Made this a written with the exception of adding some Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture. It also makes a nice presentation for company. Will be making again."
"I think this recipe is wonderful just the way it is. The bacon didn't taste overwhelming at all. A great blend between onion,bacon,and garlic!"
"The only modifications I made to this recipe were to halve the topping ingredients since I only had two haddock fillets.This recipe is absolutely delicious. If you are a true fish lover however, this may not be your favorite - the bacon flavor is stronger than the fish flavor. But who doesn't love a little bacon??!!"
"Excellent! Even my son who doesn't like fish said he would eat it again. My store didn't have any haddock, so I replaced it with cod."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.