- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute tomatoes in drippings until tender. Drain spaghetti; stir into skillet. Add the spinach, bacon, vinaigrette, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon & Tomato Spaghetti
"Great idea. I added some sauteed sweet onions. And used angel hair pasta. I didn't have fresh spinach so I added asparagus instead, it was amazing. I also only had a balsamic glaze, so I used my pork chop sauce recipe which is balsamic glaze, honey, thyme and garlic. It's one of my new favorite recipes!"
"My husband and I LOVED this! I served it with a wedge salad and some garlic bread. Will definitely be making it again!"
"This is a great recipe - so quick and simple to prepare and it is easy to tweak it to your personal preference. I love the addition of healthy greens. I used baby spinach, chard and kale. I saut?ed onion and garlic first, added a tablespoon of tomato paste and then 2 jars of home canned tomatoes along with the cherry tomatoes and bacon. I served this to a group of friends and it was a well received. Thank you for posting the recipe."
"We loved it. We had a lot of cherry tomatoes to finish. This was perfect."
"This recipe was amazing. So tasty. The bacon is a plus. I certainly will make this again and I will pass on this recipe."
"Tasted great until I added the balsamic vinaigrette -- I love it as a salad dressing, but didn't care for it in this recipe. I may try regular Italian dressing next time, or just use extra parmesan cheese for flavor."
"My family and I really like this ! I doubled this for my family of 5 and also used fettuccine noodles and added sliced baby portobella mushrooms to this. I will definitely make this again"
"I prepared this recipe for lunch today and give it a thumbs up. Delicious. It was easy to prepare and we loved it. Please don't confuse the balsamic vinaigrette for balsamic vinegar. It is not vinegar but a salad dressing. Big difference. We will be having this delicious dish again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"I accidentally added sugar instead of salt...my bad. Guess I will never be on MasterChef!"