Bacon & Tomato Spaghetti Recipe
Our summer-perfect pasta features baby spinach, cherry tomatoes and crisp bacon tossed with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute tomatoes in drippings until tender. Drain spaghetti; stir into skillet. Add the spinach, bacon, vinaigrette, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 409 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 833 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC