This recipe was inspired by my mother's stuffing recipe. It smells like heaven while you're making it, and people can never seem to get enough.—Scott Rugh, Portland, Oregon
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 10-1/2 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 6 eggs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups chicken stock
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Add bacon to pan; cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. Wipe out pan. In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes, sausage, bacon, onion mixture, mushrooms, parsley, sage and thyme. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, soup and stock; pour over stuffing mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove lid; let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 20 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Bacon & Sausage Stuffing in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p61
Reviews for Bacon & Sausage Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review