Bacon & Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Pound chicken breasts slightly with a meat mallet to uniform thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan. Cook chicken in butter and reserved drippings 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken and bacon to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 304 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Bacon & Rosemary Chicken
"Great recipe! It makes for a delicious meal that is simple to make."
"Just another chicken recipe. Not much flavor."
"Really Good! I was making my Chicken Marsala, on the weekend which also incorporates browning floured chicken so I made extra of that and also extra bacon from breakfast so a weeknight dinner came together quickly. I also used the zest of the lemon."
"this was good and I would make it again. Did not do the first step at all or add any flour. What I did do was put the all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Also cut the amount of rosemary in half ."
"This is a fantastic recipe. Very tasty and smells great! I found this recipe a few years ago, and I have been making it regularly ever since. It is absolutely one of my best recipes. It's my boyfriend's favorite out of anything that I cook for him."
"Did not flour the chicken, used less salt, omitted the garlic and lemon juice. Used freshly ground black pepper, coarse grind. The flavors of the bacon, rosemary and pepper flakes really blend well in this recipe.Got rave reviews from my family. Will definitely make this again."
"One of my husband's favorite chicken recipes!"
"Loved this, chicken had flavor"
"I thought this recipe was good, not as amazing as I expected based on other reviews. It was quick, easy, and relatively flavorful, so I would make it again. But I wasn't blown away by the flavor as much as other reviewers."
"Simple and good, but I would cut the lemon juice amount in half or forget it all together. Took away from the bacon flavor by being a little tart."
"I made this for a pregnant friend and her family and loved it! So a couple nights later I made it for my family. Let me just say...YUM! This is going into my recipe box as a keeper! Highly recommend this delicious chicken."
"My husband LOVED this!!! Said it would be a good enogh to be served in a fine dining restaurant. I found it to be easy to make. We will definitely have this again, maybe w/company this time."
"We LOVED this! Simple and quick to make, loved the sauce, we will putting this in our dinner rotation."
"This recipe was delicious. I was a little afraid because I wasn't sure if my kids would like the rosemary. They devoured dinner. The only downside was no leftovers."
"Not only did this taste really good, but minor substitutions of minced garlic and a rosemary, fennel and herb blend complimented the rest of the dish."
"one of the BEST chicken dinners Ive made. The chicken was so moist and the outside was a little spicy and crispy. LOVED IT!"
"My daughter searched for a new recipe and came across this one and made it for dinner and the family really liked it so we will be making it again.Moist and full of flavor. A keeper!"
"This recipe is just.. delicious! I made it for my husband and every detail of it its just great. I definitely recommend this one.."
"I agree with everyone else - this was wonderful! Even my son said it was "delicious" - woo hoo! Thank you for your recipe."
"This was so good and so quick. My family loved it!"
"Tender and juicy! I love it when a recipe is easy and tastes great and this one fills both bills."
"My husband and five children (somewhat picky eaters) all loved this recipe!"
"Absolutely wonderful. Entire family called it a keeper. Didn't have whole garlic cloves on hand so used bottled minced. I don't think it took anything away from this recipe."
"It was really easy to make and the taste is fantantic.. even my 18 month old loved it"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.