- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pound chicken breasts slightly with a meat mallet to uniform thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan. Cook chicken in butter and reserved drippings 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken and bacon to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon & Rosemary Chicken
"Great recipe! It makes for a delicious meal that is simple to make."
"Just another chicken recipe. Not much flavor."
"Really Good! I was making my Chicken Marsala, on the weekend which also incorporates browning floured chicken so I made extra of that and also extra bacon from breakfast so a weeknight dinner came together quickly. I also used the zest of the lemon."
"this was good and I would make it again. Did not do the first step at all or add any flour. What I did do was put the all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Also cut the amount of rosemary in half ."
"This is a fantastic recipe. Very tasty and smells great! I found this recipe a few years ago, and I have been making it regularly ever since. It is absolutely one of my best recipes. It's my boyfriend's favorite out of anything that I cook for him."