Bacon & Oyster Stuffing Recipe
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole oysters, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the parsley, sage, thyme, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- 2. Place bread cubes in a large bowl; add celery mixture and bacon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, broth, oysters and wine. Add to bread mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 273 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Bacon & Oyster Stuffing
"This stuffing was very rich but delicious. I doubled the osters to 16 oz because 8 didnt seem like enough. Also I used a pound of bacon. This seems like a great recipe to play around with by omitting the oysters and adding other flavors. I would make it again for sure it was a big hit for Thanksgiving."