Bacon & Gorgonzola Potato Salad Recipe
Dressed in a rich, creamy sauce flavored with Gorgonzola cheese, chives and bacon, this potato salad is sure to be a hit. “I like to make it ahead so the flavors have time to blend.” Barbara Spitzer - Lodi, California
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup bacon bits, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onions, celery, 1 tablespoon chives, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir in cheese and 1/2 cup bacon bits. Fold in tomatoes and potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining chives and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 566 calories, 36 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,226 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon & Gorgonzola Potato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC