Bacon & Gorgonzola Potato Salad Recipe
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup bacon bits, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onions, celery, 1 tablespoon chives, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir in cheese and 1/2 cup bacon bits. Fold in tomatoes and potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining chives and bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bacon & Gorgonzola Potato Salad
Sort By :
Was a hit at my end of Summer BBQ
This recipe is fabulous. I am now required to bring it to all the family gatherings. It has become a family staple! It is also simple enough to make on our 4th of July camping trips. It was even popular with the younger kids!
Excellent dressing, this was delicious! I used red potatoes and next time I think I would use russets because I like their texture better(softer). I used applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled instead of the bacon bits. Next time I will use red onion instead of the green onions because I would like more onion flavor. We had this with grilled t-bone steaks and corn on the cob. I will make again , thank you.
I LOVE Gorgonzola cheese, so I thought this was wonderful!!!