Bacon & Egg Potato Salad Recipe
Vinegar and lemon juice add a slightly tangy taste to this creamy potato salad. It's wonderful with baked beans and barbecue. —Melissa Davies, Clermont, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 6 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 3 to 5 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, onion, bacon and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 348 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC