Bacon & Egg Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 3 to 5 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, onion, bacon and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 348 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon & Egg Potato Salad
"Super simple and perfect for summer cookouts. LOVE the bacon so much I added extra!"
"My new go-to potato salad. Delish!"
"Just made it for our neighborhood progressive party. It was a big hit and there were no leftovers in sight."
"Outstanding potato salad -- excellent texture, just enough variety, and appropriate proportion of flavors. Received rave reviews at Thanksgiving. My husband wanted a bit more tang, perhaps by adding paprika, so I will try that next time."
"This is a really great potato salad recipe. I omit the onion and add a little celery instead. I used fresh dill and parsley, yummy!"
"Had to make something for a pot luck and since I had a ton of potatoes decided to make this. There was one other potato salad on the table next to mine. At the end of the line, mine was gone and the other dish was still half full. It was a hit and I got compliments! I used 3 T. of mustard and would cut it to 2 T. next time because, although everyone else loved the dish and it was good, I am just not a big fan of mustard."
"Husband is picky on potato salad and he LOVED this one. Usually he likes sweet versions so I was surprised he was impressed. I will have to remember to get redskins just for this recipe; I think they make a better salad."
"I thought it was a little "tangy" and love foods with heat so I added 2 diced jalepenos and 1/2 tsp white pepper - perfect balance!"
"I loved it. I love potato salad and am always trying new recipes. I didn't have any dill weed so I just omitted it. And I used celery salt for the celery seed & salt."
"Way too strong for me. The spices are a good flavor combination but I would only use 1/4 or less of them in the same amount of mayo."
"The bacon makes a pleasant difference in this potato salad and the flavors are better the second day. I'm searching to the ultimate potato salad and this is good, but not the ultimate."