Bacon & Egg Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 3 to 5 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, onion, bacon and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over potato mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bacon & Egg Potato Salad(9)
Sort By :
Outstanding potato salad -- excellent texture, just enough variety, and appropriate proportion of flavors. Received rave reviews at Thanksgiving. My husband wanted a bit more tang, perhaps by adding paprika, so I will try that next time.
This is a really great potato salad recipe. I omit the onion and add a little celery instead. I used fresh dill and parsley, yummy!
Had to make something for a pot luck and since I had a ton of potatoes decided to make this. There was one other potato salad on the table next to mine. At the end of the line, mine was gone and the other dish was still half full. It was a hit and I got compliments! I used 3 T. of mustard and would cut it to 2 T. next time because, although everyone else loved the dish and it was good, I am just not a big fan of mustard.
Husband is picky on potato salad and he LOVED this one. Usually he likes sweet versions so I was surprised he was impressed. I will have to remember to get redskins just for this recipe; I think they make a better salad.
I made this potato salad two days ago and as with any leftovers it was even better the next day!! Love Love it. I had to use dried parsley instead of fresh. I used 1Tsp. this will be my other favorite potato salad.Will absolutely make this again. You should really try this one!!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >