- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrot and onion; cook and stir until tender. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, crumbled bacon, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and carrot mixture. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; mix well. Pat onto meat loaf; let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Remove to a platter. Yield: 1 loaf (8 servings).
Reviews forBacon & Cheese Meat Loaf
"My husband and I really liked this. My only complaint is that I thought it was a bit too salty. I'll cut back on that next time. The cut the recipe in half and used dried sage and chives for the top. I loved the blue cheese flavor. I actually make sandwiches from the leftover meatloaf slices. Because the meatloaf was only half as big, I think I only had it in the oven for about 50 minutes. This was very good, I'd make this again."
"Excellent meat loaf. I made this for the second time recently, and it's just so good. I had to increase my prior rating, because I think it'll be made more often now that my family is requesting it."
"to quote my husband..."This is totally awesome!" The bleu cheese made this so tasty. I will definitely be making this one again!"
"very tasty with the blue cheese on top. I substituted the fresh spice with 1/2 tsp each of dried spice."
"My brother-in-law made this for a Sunday dinner and it was a hit even those who did not like blue cheese thought that this was a GREAT meatloaf. YUM!"
"As a huge fan of bleu cheese, I found this to be very good. Unfortunately my husband doesn't like bleu cheese so I may not make this often but when I do I will enjoy it completely!"
"Very good but a little peppery. Will use less next time. Love the veggies mixed inside and the cheese on top. Such a nice change from the meat loaf recipes with the ketchup on top (which I don't like). Very impressed!"
"Now my husband's favorite meat loaf."
"My new favorite meat loaf recipe...and I've tried quite a few!"