We created this recipe to convince my son to try meatloaf—adding blue cheese and bacon for flavor —and it works. —Lila Allen, Fallon, Nevada
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrot and onion; cook and stir until tender. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, crumbled bacon, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and carrot mixture. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; mix well. Pat onto meat loaf; let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Remove to a platter. Yield: 1 loaf (8 servings).
Originally published as Bacon & Cheese Meat Loaf in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon & Cheese Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review