- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. In an ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In same pan, brown chicken in drippings over medium heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Brush with 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Transfer to oven; bake 8 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake until cheese is melted and a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon & Cheddar Chicken
"Complete and total hit with the family. The flavor combination is amazing. I had everything on hand but the green onions so I used parsley. It was a quick meal for a weeknight too. I used kitchen shears to cut up the bacon. Easily adjustable for more or less servings. I cooked a couple more slices of bacon because more bacon is always better.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Loved how quickly this came together and it was delicious! Sides can dress it up or down , and our son wants to make it as a sandwich next time. Definitely making again."
"This was a huge winner at our home. So easy to prepare and delicious. I made no changes to the recipe except to prepare only one chicken breast to split with hubby. We will be having this again.Volunteer Field Editor"
"A definite keeper! Great combination of flavors, and the chicken was amazingly juicy and tender. On-hand ingredients, 30 minute cook time, all done in one cast iron skillet = big win! This is perfect for those "too tired" days or for unexpected guests."
"Juicy, flavorful, and oh-so-simple. This is easy enough for a weeknight but nice enough for company. It comes together quickly and uses pantry/refrigerated staples. We'll be making this recipe again soon!"
"quick and easy meal for busy weeknight. Definitely make again."
"There being just me, and this doesn't seem to be a recipe that would be successful unless it is fresh from the oven, I cut it down to just one chicken breast, and used all the ingredients listed, except for the green onions, only because I didn't have any. THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO MAKE AN OUTSTANDING chicken dinner."