Give sweet potatoes the good stuff like pear, bacon, honey and fresh tarragon. If Gorgonzola isn’t your thing, swap in plain or smoked Gouda. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small ripe pear, peeled and chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet until tender, 45-60 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Cut a thin slice from top of each potato. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Mash pulp with butter, honey and seasonings. Stir in pear, 1/3 cup chopped bacon, 1/4 cup cheese, green onions and tarragon. Spoon into shells; return to pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon & Blue Stuffed Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Bacon & Blue Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review