- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Cut each in half.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables, cut side down, on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally. Chop onion. Place onion and potatoes in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, garlic and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Add to potato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tarragon. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Backyard Red Potato Salad
Sort By :
Tasty! Easy to prepare and have ready to finish on the bbq
This is the best potato side dish ever! I cut the recipe in half...that was a big mistake! I was upset there were not leftovers. I didn't have fresh tarragon, so I used 1 tsp of dried to start out trying since tarragon can be a strong flavor. Next time I'll used the full 2 tsps of dried. I'll be making again in the very near future.
Soooo good! I did not have any tarragon, so I left that out. I have made it twice this way and loved it both times, so perhaps next time I'll make sure to actually buy some tarragon!
FANTASTIC! I hate mayo so most potato salad recipes are out (and have limited shelf life outside). I took this to a pig roast and by the time I got to it, it was almost gone! I will make again... I think next time I will add red peppers as well (they would be great in this marinade). Yummy!