Backyard Red Potato Salad Recipe
I love this recipe because it’s not your typical potato salad. There’s no mayo, so it’s perfect for outdoor picnics, plus it looks just as good as it tastes.—Holly Bauer, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Cut each in half.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables, cut side down, on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally. Chop onion. Place onion and potatoes in bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, garlic and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Add to potato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tarragon. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 215 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC