Backwoods Bonfire Bark Recipe
Not only do the flavors of chocolate, marshmallow and peanuts taste great together, the easy recipe reminds me of being up north at the cabin with my family. Makes a fast batch of treats to sell at your school bake sale. —Jamie McMahon, Cologne, Minnesota
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey bear-shaped crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer in 20-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth.
- 2. Spread to 1/4-in. thickness on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle crackers, marshmallows and peanuts over chocolate; press in lightly.
- 3. Chill until firm. Break or cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
1 ounce equals 156 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Backwoods Bonfire Bark
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC