Not only do the flavors of chocolate, marshmallow and peanuts taste great together, the easy recipe reminds me of being up north at the cabin with my family. Makes a fast batch of treats to sell at your school bake sale. —Jamie McMahon, Cologne, Minnesota
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups honey bear-shaped crackers
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer in 20-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth.
- Spread to 1/4-in. thickness on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle crackers, marshmallows and peanuts over chocolate; press in lightly.
- Chill until firm. Break or cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Backwoods Bonfire Bark in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p25
Reviews for Backwoods Bonfire Bark
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review