These roll-ups from our Test Kitchen are sliced thick, then stacked slightly askew to resemble a backbone. Feel free to use other fillings.
- 3/4 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 12 thin slices hard salami
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Spread 2 tablespoons of spreadable cheese over each tortilla. Layer with spinach, ham, salami and cheese. Sprinkle with peppers. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut each into six slices. On a serving plate, stack roll-ups to resemble a spine. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Backbone Roll-Ups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p239
Reviews for Backbone Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2014
"Have made these many times for my husbands art show and always a hit"
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"I have made it a number of times for gatherings and even my husbands lunch!"
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2012
"My husband requests it. Making it for our next party!"