Back to School Cupcakes Recipe
There's no better way to ring in the school year than with this adorable school bus. The cake-like formation is an impressive presentation, while the individual cupcakes make for easy serving—perfect for classroom treats! —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
- 22 cupcakes of your choice
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Yellow, black and red paste food coloring
- Chocolate wafers, miniature cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies and vanilla wafers
- Other paste food coloring of your choice
- Coarse sugar
- 1. On a covered cake board, place a row of five cupcakes for top of bus. Arrange six cupcakes each in the second and third rows. Follow with a row of five cupcakes.
- 2. Tint 2-1/2 cups vanilla frosting yellow; carefully spread over cupcakes. Spread vanilla frosting over cupcakes as desired for windows. Place a chocolate wafer on each tire; attach a miniature sandwich cookie hubcap with frosting.
- 3. Tint a small amount of vanilla frosting black and a small amount red; set aside. Pipe outlines and desired details onto bus with black frosting.
- 4. Place a vanilla wafer in each window. Tint remaining frosting as desired. Pipe faces on vanilla wafers; pipe hair, hats and shirts as desired.
- 5. Spread red frosting onto cupcakes for stop sign and taillights. Fill in headlights with coarse sugar. Yield: 22 cupcakes.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC