My husband, Eric, perfected this sauce when he was still single. He shared the recipe with me after we got married. Now everyone in the family loves it, no matter what their marital status is!—Rhandi Tyssen, Calgary, Alberta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, soy sauce and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Bachelor's Spaghetti Sauce in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p308
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bachelor's Spaghetti Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review