Bachelor Chili Recipe
As a single male, I prepare my own meals night after night. This prize-winning chili I concocted years ago appeared in a local cookbook.—Dan Ellison, Herman, Minnesota
- 1 boneless venison, elk, moose or beef chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut meat into 1/4-in. pieces. In a 4-qt. Dutch oven, brown meat in oil; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onions, green pepper, garlic and pepper flakes until vegetables are tender. Return meat to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 253 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Bachelor Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC