Bachelor Chili Recipe
As a single male, I prepare my own meals night after night. This prize-winning chili I concocted years ago appeared in a local cookbook.—Dan Ellison, Herman, Minnesota
- 1 boneless venison, elk, moose or beef chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut meat into 1/4-in. pieces. In a 4-qt. Dutch oven, brown meat in oil; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute onions, green pepper, garlic and pepper flakes until vegetables are tender. Return meat to pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 253 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Bachelor Chili
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2016
"I have decided that this recipe is a good one!I did rate it as a 5 and I admit that I HAD made a number of ingredient adjustments and on the cooking time. delowestein"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC